At Indian Visa Information, we are always working hard to provide you with the latest news and updates on India. We have been providing information since 2003 and in that time have grown to be the premier source of Indian visa and immigration information. Our site is updated daily with the most recent developments on visa policies, consular news, and much more. Indian Visa FAQ
Who is eligible for an Indian Visa?
To be eligible for an Indian visa, you must:
-Be a citizen of a country that has diplomatic relations with India
-Have a valid passport from your country of citizenship
-Meet the requirements for the type of visa you are applying for
-Have a completed visa application form
-Pay the required visa fee
What is the process and timeline of an Indian Visa application?
The process and timeline of an Indian Visa application can vary depending on the country you are applying from. However, the general process is as follows: Indian Visa Information
1. Application: The first step is to fill out an online application form which can be found on the website of the Indian Mission/Post where you will be applying.
2. Documents: Once you have completed the online application form, you will need to submit all of the required documents. These documents include your passport, photographs, proof of address, and proof of income.
3. Fees: The next step is to pay the visa application fee. This fee can be paid online or in person at the Indian Mission/Post.
4. Interview: After your application and documents have been reviewed, you may be asked to come in for an interview at the Indian Mission/Post. During this interview, a visa officer will ask you questions about your trip and determine if you are eligible for a visa.
5. Approval: If your application is approved, you will be issued an electronic travel authorization (ETA). This ETA will allow you to travel to India and stay for up to 60 days.
How long does it take to receive an Indian visa?
It can take up to two weeks to receive an Indian visa. The time frame is based on the country in which you apply and the type of visa you are applying for. For example, if you are applying for a tourist visa, it may take longer than if you were applying for a business visa.
How much does an Indian visa cost and what are the different types of fees I may incur?
An Indian visa costs $160 for a tourist visa, $100 for a business visa, and $275 for an employment visa. There are also different types of fees that you may incur, such as a processing fee, a service fee, and a reciprocity fee.
What happens if my visa application is denied?
If your visa application is denied, you will be informed of the decision in writing. The letter will state the reason for the denial and explain how to appeal the decision, if applicable. If you are eligible to reapply for a visa, you may do so at any time.
What documents do I need for my Indian Visa application?
To apply for a visa to India, you will need to submit the following documents:
-A completed visa application form. You can download the form here: (LINK)
-A passport-sized photo.
-Your passport, which must be valid for at least six months from the date of your planned arrival in India.
-A copy of your flight itinerary or hotel booking confirmation.
-Proof of sufficient funds, such as bank statements or a letter from your employer.
-A self-addressed, stamped envelope if you are applying by mail.
Is there a limit on how many times I can apply for a visa to India
Yes, there is a limit on the number of times you can apply for a visa to India. The Indian government allows a maximum of two visa applications in a financial year (April to March). If you have already applied for two visas in the current financial year, you will need to wait until the next financial year to apply again.